Applies to 48thHighlanders.ca
Last update: 26 December 2020
The respect of the private life of the persons (“you”) that use this website, which is owned by the 48th Highlanders Trusts (“us” or “we”), is important.
- Your rights regarding your personal information.
- Who is responsible for the processing of the personal information that is collected from you.
- To where the personal information that is collected may be transmitted.
- The website’s policy regarding cookies.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following personal information:
- Last Name.
- First name.
- Email address.
- Details of your relationship to the 48th Highlanders of Canada and the Regimental Family.
This personal information is collected through the collection methods described in the following methods
Your personal information is collected through the following methods:
- The website registration form that you complete.
- Interactivity between you and the website such as the submission of requests to the Museum.
We use the personal information we collect from you for the following purpose:
- To contact you and remain in communication with you.
- Statistical and other demographic purposes.
- COOKIES AND LOG FILES
We collect information through log files and cookies. These allow us to process statistics and information on traffic on the Website, to ease navigation and improve your experience for your comfort.
a) Cookies used by the website
The cookie files used on the website to collect statistical and other information are:
- IP address.
- Operating system.
- Pages visited and queries.
- Day and time of connection.
You have the right to object to the recording of these cookies and log files by configuring your web browser accordingly. Once you have deactivated cookies and log files, you may continue your use of the website. However, any malfunction resulting from this deactivation is not our responsibility.
- SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell to third parties or otherwise commercialize the personal information we collect. However, we may share this information with third parties for the following reasons:
- E-mail transmission through MailChimp.
If you do want us to share your personal information with third parties, you may object at the time of collection or at any time thereafter, as described in the “Right of objection and of withdrawal” section below.
- STORAGE PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information collected by us will be retained indefinitely.
- HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted by: GoDaddy on a server located in Canada. You can contact GoDaddy at:
Corporate Headquarters 14455 N. Hayden Rd., Ste. 226
Scottsdale, AZ 85260 USA
The host may also be contacted by telephone at: 1-866-938-1119
Personal information we collect may be transferred to the United States.
The “Controller” of the website is: the Honorary Colonel of the 48th Highlanders of Canada. The Controller may be contacted at:
Honorary Colonel, the 48th Highlanders of Canada
130 Queen Street
Toronto, ON M5H 2N5
b) Obligations of the Controller
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your personal information is compromised you will be notified through the website.
- RIGHT OF OBJECTION AND OF WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information by the website (“right to object”). You also have the right to request that your personal information does not appear, for example, on a mailing list (“right to withdraw”).
If you wish to exercise the right to object or the right to withdraw, you must submit written request to the Controller at the address above.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS, OF RECTIFICATION AND OF REMOVAL
You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you by submitting a written request to the Controller at the address above.
If you have a personal account, you may request its removal by by submitting a written request to the Controller at the address above.
Personal information we collect is stored in a secured environment. People working for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
To ensure the security of your personal information, we use the following methods:
- SSL (Security Sockets Layer) Protocol.
- Access management – person authorized.
- Access management – person concerned.
- Network surveillance software.
- Automatic backup.
- Digital certificate.
We maintain a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations that allow us to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Nevertheless, no mechanism can ensure complete security and transmitting personal information on the Internet always entail risk.
- APPLICABLE LAW